Having professional bagpipers at your corporate event or function will help to create a fabulous atmosphere from the moment the guests arrive. A traditional Scottish bagpiper will entertain your guests and create a musical sparkle. Most of our bagpipers for hire are Grade 1 competition standard. They have been hand picked for their musical abilities and guest entertaining qualities. The bagpipers distinctive highland dress will add extra colour to your photos.
Some of the services our bagpipers for hire provide include:
- Piping to greet guests as they arrive.
- Bagpiper announcing and piping guests to dinner.
- Many of the pipers we work with can also perform Robert Burns famous ‘Address to the haggis’ which can add some lively theatre to your dining.
- If you have booked highland dancers at your event then the piper will play for them.
- Our pipers can also be on hand to talk to guests about Scottish highland dress, explain the workings of “the great instrument” and other banter.
Reel Time’s Pipers can also perform the Haggis Address. Robert Burns, our national Bard, wrote the famous poem “Address to a Haggis” to celebrate his appreciation of our national dish. As a result, Burns and Haggis will be forever linked.
The address is performed before guests dine on a haggis course. A “Chieftain Haggis” will be piped in before a theatrical recital of the poem is performed. Once the haggis has been cut, guests are asked to join the piper in toasting the haggis with a wee dram of whisky.
We arrange the very best bagpipers for hire for engagements in Edinburgh, Glasgow and throughout the regions of Scotland. Reel Time have great contacts with bagpipers right the way through the rest of the UK. We often arrange pipers to attend international functions such as Burns Suppers for ex-patriots Scots, St Andrew’s evenings and other Scottish hospitality abroad.
- Pipers are available in full Number 1 regimental dress (with or without the furry hat!)
- Number 2 (kilt, jacket, shirt and tie).
- Some of our pipers also come in contemporary Kilt outfits. Featuring Scottish Harris tweed, plain colour kilts and also statement (leather, PVC, animal prints) for something a little diffeent!
- Pipers can also be dressed to your requirement, including product logos or colours. These are added to the uniform to maximise your marketing message and providing a truly Scottish image to your brand.