• “Just a quick note to say thank you all so much for everything on Saturday. Everyone at the wedding was so impressed with the band (which I knew they would be) and kept commenting on how good the music was.”
Anstruther, 31st October 2015
• Thank you for all your help in making this a successful trip. The (Reel Time folk) band was just the ticket - really fab!
Corporate - October 2015
• We especially enjoyed the bagpipe band and choreographed dancing. People had a good time with the Scraggly Cats and Tartanium. Overall, very good standard of entertainment – we were happy!
The kilt hire was a great success, people enjoyed it a lot and your organisation of the distribution of the outfits was fantastic. I appreciated the way you interacted with delegates there, as you definitely made it more fun.
Your communication was excellent. It made working with you a very easy task. You were professional and accommodating and brought some valuable suggestions and ideas to the table on things I think we wouldn’t have executed as well without your experience.
All around, a great experience and I would highly recommend you to anyone looking for entertainment and a partner in organising things on the ground.
Corporate – October 2015
• Thank you so much for your hard work last week and the weeks running up to it. You and your team were amazing and I really enjoyed working with you all. Nothing was too much bother and you greeted all our requests with a smile and a “yes”.
The event was a huge success and thank you for playing your part in that.
I really hope we get the opportunity to work with you again.
Corporate October 2015 – (Scraggly Cats)
• First of all I would like to say a big thank you to you and your team. It was an unforgettable day for all of us. Roddy and the other guys made a perfect job and we had great fun. Our guest were delighted about the games and I think for all of them the event was very special and they will talk about it for a long time. Thank you again for everything.
Private – September – Highland Games
• Thank you so much for providing such a fantastic service. Steph was brilliant! Please pass on my sincere thanks to him (I didn’t manage to see him before I left).
The music that he played was superb and he was even able to help out with our impromptu karaoke!
Corporate – September 2015 - DJ party
• “What can I say? The band were tremendous, Rest assured the Ceilidh was the highlight for many people, for 90%+ of people that would have been their first. For the handful of Scots who were well versed in Ceilidh's the rocky edge that the band brought was something new and extremely well received.
I can't thank or recommend you guys enough.
The Botanic Gardens, 31st July 2015
• “The wedding was great. Our Canadian guests are still talking about it. The gentleman who did the address to the haggis was great. He even impressed my Scottish relatives who have heard it done many times.”
Botanic Gardens, 29th June 2015
• “Just a quick message to say thank you so much for Saturday! You guys are absolutely brilliant! I've had so many messages about how different you were and how great you played! An even bigger thank you for all of your obvious hard work for our 1st dance. It was absolutely out of this world! Exactly what I wanted. It was that good that even my snobby side of the family had a good rave 2 it.”
Fairmont, St Andrews, 29th November 2014
• “I just wanted to drop you an email to say thank you very, very much to Roddy and the band, Iain and piper and Stef the DJ, and to you for pulling it all together!
Everything was absolutely amazing - the band were superb and Iain was one of the highlights of our day - everyone loved him!!!
Thank you again for your help Claire - you were amazing and I can’t thank you enough.”
The Hub, 1st November 2014
• I just wanted to let you know about the phenomenal feedback we have had from our Friday night Burns Supper.
Tartanium were amazing! They succeeded our expectations and I’m sure they will gain further bookings from their exposure to an oil and gas audience of operators, contractors and service companies. I have been inundated with voluntary feedback today and without exception it has all been outstanding. Same again 2015 please!
“What a triumph the best Burns night I’ve ever been to by far” was the first response on Saturday and they just kept coming.
“A night to remember!”
“A super night”
“Had a great night”
“A great night on all levels : food, entertainment, drink and company”
“Thank you for organising the event we had a really enjoyable Friday night”
We usually instigate our own feedback and check with each table and we haven’t yet got round to this but I know it’s going to be more of the same!
Lesley-Anne Brodie | Manager | EIC Scotland (UK)
Burns Night 2014
• We had an absolutely fantastic evening! The band were exceptional and we can't thank them enough for their first class service on the night. They were all super nice and friendly, patient at 1am, surprised at the stage diving and they got it spot on! We were really pleased with the performance. But you deserve a big thank you for providing such a smooth seamless service before the event!
I have voted for you in the VOWS. Best of luck!
21st December 2013
• Thank you so much for celebrating our wedding day with us at Dundas Castle. We had a magical day and thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish; what a perfect start to married life we had and your presence was greatly appreciated. The music and band were fantastic and everyone commented on how much they enjoyed it. Hope to hire you again some time!
Anne-Marie and Richard
2nd August 2013, Dundas Castle
• It's hard to believe that already two months have passed since our big day at Ellingham Hall. Thank you for piping me down the aisle and for the quiaich toast.
All our German guests especially enjoyed being photographed with you!
I hope you are having a busy summer and look forward to seeing you again in September for my sister's wedding at Norton House.
Mona and Ilas
22nd July 2013, Ellingham Hall
• A Huge thank you for our wedding reception. Everyone has been complimenting you saying how wonderful the band were. It meant so much not to have to worry about the music, to know we were in the safest hands.
Kathlyn and Martin Walsh
• With our grateful thanks for a fantastic afternoon of activities.
All our guest had such fun; We have some memorable photos to remind them.
Kate and Andrea
Moet Hennessy, 9th July 2012, Balmoral Hotel
• I just wanted to say a big thank you for the superb piper who played at our wedding last month.
Everybody complimented him on his playing, and I think one of guests even got his details for other functions!
I would happily recommend you to anyone getting married (or just needing some celtic music in general!).
Again, many thanks.
21st June 2011, Doune Castle
• We would just like to thank you on your exceptional duties provided during our wedding day on thursday 9th june at the inn on the lake in england.
Your bagpipe playing is second to none(many a comment on how good it was) and we though rally enjoyed the address to the haggis.My dad has attended many a burns supper and said that your recital was the best he had seen in many years!!
So thanks again for making our day memorable and i know our guests enjoyed it also.
9th June 2011 Lake District
• Hi, just a quick note to Roddy for being simply THE best piper at our wedding yesterday! Such a great guy, it was fantastic how he helped on the day and kept the guests entertained.
The ceilidh was absolutely AWESOME too, everyone had an amazing time - and lost a bit of weight too I think what with all the constant dancing! One of the guests has put a video of one of the dances on Facebook and it just reminded us of how fantastic a time everyone had. The young lady on the fiddle was getting raving reviews from guests this morning, we all thought she was fantastic! The speed her fingers danced on those strings was truly amazing!
Gail at Borthwick Castle was saying Roddy will hopefully be booked for new year - if this is the case then we will definitely be buying tickets!
Thanks again for making the night so perfect and memorable! We'll recommend you to anyone and everyone!
Zoe & Chris Sherrington
8th June 2011, Borthwick Castle
• I want to say a big thank you for your services this weekend in arranging a piper for my friend's 30th birthday event today. The birthday boy and all the guests loved it! Chris was fabulous, a fine musician with a warm, friendly manner. Everything went so well, I was delighted.
Many thanks! :)
30th birthday party, February 2011
• Just wanted to say that we had an excellent visit yesterday.
Duncan was great and was very good at explaining all aspects of being a piper as well as playing.
I will recommend him!
Lass Wade Primary School, January 2011
• I just can't thank you enough for your part in making my daughter's wedding day perfect.
Why I ever worried about not meeting you beforehand or you’re not being at the rehearsal is with
hindsight ridiculous beyond belief! You are so clearly hugely experienced, utterly professional and SO GOOD!!!
What a great choice we made in having you as our piper Roddy and all the best for the
continued success of your own piping career and of your Reel Time Events.
Pat Agnew (and probably every guest at the wedding!), 23rd October 2010 Prestonfield
• I just wanted to pass on our thanks for the great job your man did at our wedding on 9th October 2010 in Pencaitland. He turned up on time, did the job and went away with no fuss. His playing was spot-on! A conductor friend of ours said that he was the only piper he'd ever heard play in tune! Anyway, please pass on our sincere thanks - he did a great job!
Tania and James Wood, September 2010
• Just wanted to say a huge thank you to Piper Chris Gibb. He was fantastic on the day. He tuned Emily's pipes and spoke to her calmly before she played. He was very complimentary when he asked her to play for him to check in tune! They did recognize each other from school!
We had visitors from all over and the Pipes just make a Scottish wedding so special and memorable. He will not be forgotten as on video and in many photographs that will travel back across the globe!
Jane Shaw, Kristy and Paul's wedding 19th September 2010
• We wanted to pass on our feedback following the attendance of Ian the piper at our wedding at Barony Castle on Friday 27th August 2010. He was fantastic, the perfect piper and everyone thought so, with the only exception being our 2 year old daughter, we are not sure if it was the noise or the scary hat. . . . .
Many many thanks, it contributed to making our day very special, please pass our gratitude on to Ian.
Mr & Mrs Dowie, August 2010
• Just to thank you for organizing our piper, he was absolutely fantastic. A real professional and what a variety of tunes too.
Jenny Brown, Wedding on 21st august 2010 at Cromlix House
• Just a very quick email to thank the band very much for the Ceilidh they did for our wedding on the 24/7 at Ballochneck. It was really great and all of our guests really enjoyed it. We were running a little behind but it all worked out perfectly combined with our IPod, all the guests enjoyed the variety and opportunity to rest in between.
Debbie Ball, July 2010
• We just wanted to say how great the piper was on Saturday for our wedding at Dryburgh Abbey Hotel. We had a great day and the piper really helped to make it special.
Mr and Mrs Pogson, July 2010
• Roddy was a huge hit with all our international guests and gave an outstanding performance. I would highly recommend to all for any occasion. Thank you again!
Argentix 28th July 2010, Apex Hotel
• Both my wife and I would like to thank for the performance that you gave at our daughters wedding. The support you gave to the young children before the ceremony was excellent and all guests mentioned how they were impressed with you.
You set the scene for a memorable day and the photographs that you are in are excellent. When they are all available I will forward some on to you if you wish.
Johanna's and Micks wedding 08/07/2010
• I just wanted to say a big "thank you" to you for your services on Monday 5th July 2010 at Lennoxlove House. All of our guests were bowled over by your piping, and it turned a special day into a very special day. I'm just sorry that the day went so quickly that I didn't have a chance to come and chat to you personally, so apologies for that.
Hannah and Alistair Wedding, Lennoxlove house, 5th July 2010
• I would greatly appreciate if you would pass on our HUGE thanks to Roddy who performed at our wedding on Sunday 2nd May 2010 at Dundas Castle.
He was outstanding, professional and completely perfect for our day. He was patient when I was running late and made me smile when I was having a bit of a breakdown before the ceremony!!!!
We are so pleased that he was able to join us celebrate our day and would highly recommend him to anyone requiring a piper for any occasion.
Kate & Graeme Stevenson, Dundas Castle May 2010
• I am emailing to say a huge thank you very much to Roddy and Craig. The Whisky tasting went down very well and they seemed to enjoy the poems too. Roddy was brilliant as the piper as well, so thanking you very much to them both for making our last night at Melville Castel so special.
Nicky, Whisky tasting 11th may 2010
• On behalf of myself, the Bride and Groom, and the Guests, I would like to thank you for making this day a very traditional and memorable wedding, You were very professional, your attire was immaculate, and your piping was superb. Piping in the Haggis was great, and to top it off the "Blessing of the Haggis" was totally unexpected, you went above and beyond to make this a special day for not only the Bride and Groom, but for all the Attendees.
The Cornhill House Wedding. May 7th. 2010, Chris and Kathy Hollick. (U.S.A.)
• Everything went really well thanks – I’m sure they will never have another experience like it!
Thanks so much for your work on the run up to this event – the client loved it and we exceeded their expectations – so many thanks to you and your guys for making that happen!
Corporate group, whisky tasting and cocktail making, Cameron house, 19th April 2010.
• Thank you so much for the wonderful service you provided for our wedding. It really was of such a high standard.
Unfortunately, as I had predicted, I didn't get near the bar during the evening, but was bought 2 drinks, one of which being the spectacular cocktail you had managed to design for us. You will be pleased to know it was a great success with both David and myself being surprised that it suited both our tastes! Incidentally, could you let me know what was in it, as we are having a small party for some friends that couldn't make it to the wedding and would like to serve it for them?
The whiskies seemed to go down very well with everyone and I know that several mocktails were also purchased so thanks for putting them on too!
Many thanks once again and I look forward to recommending you to anyone hosting an event in the future.
Jennifer and David Crawley 24th October 2009 Harburn House, Mobile bar service
• Hi to all the guys in the reel time ceilidh band,
Just wanted to say thank you very much for playing at my wedding on 19 June 2010 - everyone had an amazing time and your patience etc was much appreciated (apologies for the mentalness at the end!!).
In fact one of the guests at the wedding is possibly hiring you guys as well!
Anyway just a thank you and a quick apology.
Thanks again!!!!! Made the day that bit more special!
• When I started planning the conference for Swedish orphan it was clear to me that we had to work with like minded people who understood the mission vision and values of the company. We had a specific theme in mind and we wanted also to expose the staff to the unique culture of Scotland. Working with Alpine Legends we were recommended to discuss our ideas with Roddy from Reel Time Events.
Roddy quickly understood the remit and proposed a portfolio of events and activities that could be interspersed within the conference programme. He quickly adapted the programme to facilitate the inevitable last minute changes to the programme.
I can with confidence recommend all of his various staff who presented and entertained our staff at our event. As for Roddy himself I would just say he always appeared calm and in control which was reassuring. Roddy and his team through themselves wholeheartedly into the spirit of the conference which made the experience more memorable for all who attended.
As things have evolved this was the last and ‘best ever’ SOI conference as we have now merged with another company. Every business conference is a complex mix of venue formal and informal content and the continuity of the theme throughout the whole event. This was magnificently facilitated by the energy enthusiasm and professionalism of Roddy and his team. I would have no hesitation in recommending his services to anyone who wants to achieve that ‘magical’ conference experience in Edinburgh.
Swedish Orphan group
Dalmahoy, September 2009
• Dear Roddy,
Alan and I wanted to say thank you so much for helping us to make our big day so special! We appreciate your professionalism and your charisma. Your “address to the haggis” was the talk of the evening and one of my personal favourite parts of the whole day! Thanks again Roddy and we hope to run into you again soon!
Warmest regards Amy and Alan
• Dear Roddy and ceilidh band
Thank you very much for your great performance at our wedding. Everyone had a brilliant time during the ceilidh! See you in 25 years! ☺
Neal and Miho 20/06/09 at the Hub
• Dear Roddy
well… what can I say! You were a big hit on Alistair and I wedding. My family and friends both male and female were very taken by your magnificent pipe playing and national dress. We have never saw or heard such an outstanding piper. Thank you so much for playing at our wedding.
We would also like to thank your fabulous band Reel Time and the caller. The whole day was a dream come true and you and the Reel Time Band were very much parts of making it all come together. We had some very positive comments about you and the ceilidh as the best they have ever been to and we agree!
Wedding, dundas Castle 02/05/09
• Dear Roddy
Just wanted to drop you a note to say thank you so so much to Roddy and the band for an awesome day at our wedding! We had such a fantastic time and the ceilidh band (and of course the piper we had at the castle) made it perfect. I would not hesitate to recommend the band to friends and family! We had lots of guests from all over the UK, Ireland and even Australia and everyone was up dancing and having a fantastic time. Hope it's ok - we've nominated the company on the Vow's award website tonight. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you!
6th june 2009 Edinburgh Castle and the Hub
• Dear Roddy
Absolutely could not fault your team of guys, truly they made it a very special night. Professional, patient and polite. Yes, the event had its moments, as expected but on the whole everything went very well. My son had the time of his life. Please let the guys know that their great service was very much appreciated and we could not have asked for better. Very rarely do I find service such as this and I will be singing your praises from the highest rooftops.
I hope the event you were at also went as well; obviously, disappointed we didn't meet you maybe next time...
Well done, with this kind of team you will go far, as after all, any company is only as good as the service their staff provides.
Bar Services for birthday party, fife. June 2008
• Dear Roddy
We thought we would just like to get in touch with you to let you know how impressed we were with the Piper - Greig on Saturday. Not only was he an excellent piper in his own right, but when he did an impromptu 'jam session' with an African bongo group the guests were delighted. The wedding was a Sudanese/Scottish combination and most of the guests were from London and had never seen or heard anything like this before.
His quality playing and friendly manner were much appreciated by all.
Thank you and best regards,
Maggie , 30th may wedding, Cornhill House Hotel.
• Dear Roddy
We all had a great time while in Edinburgh and the conference was very successful. Your services with regard to the piping, whisky tasting and gift bags were outstanding! We greatly appreciate you and your staff providing our events with just the right touch of Scottish flair.
Event Coordinator, AIPN
Houston, TX, USA September 2008, Signet Library and The Hub
• Dear Roddy
Thank you very much for your kind wishes. The pipe band was amazing. I thought I was going to explode with excitement!! It was a fabulous day, really brilliant and the pipe band only added to the magic! They really were outstanding and everyone was overwhelmed. SUPERB!! If you are speaking with pipe major please pass on our sincere thanks. Many, many thanks for adding to our fairytale.
Wedding, Dundas Castle, March 09
Thank you so much for making our wedding so perfect. The whisky tasting was wonderful and very fun. We loved your piping at the church and the castle. Thank you for arranging the clarsach. The ceilidh band was amazing, and everyone had so much fun dancing. A special thanks goes to the dancers you arranged because no one at the wedding knew how to dance a ceilidh. They did such a great job. Everyone had a blast.
Erika and Stan, Norwegian wedding.
Wedderburn Castle. July 2008
• Dear Roddy
We wanted to thank you for joining us for our wedding and doing such a superb job on the day. You had been highly recommended to us by the events team at Dundas Castle and certainly lived up to your impressive reputation. You looked the part, played the part and kept everyone thoroughly entertained from start to the finish. So many of our guests have commented that you on the pipes and the Reel Time band were a real highlight of the day.
Whilst we thoroughly enjoy the pipes throughout the reception and the ceilidh, we must say that our personal highlight was your haggis address and playing from the top of the keep at the end of the night. These little extras gave our guests something different to other Scottish weddings they may have been to and helped make our wedding the special and amazing day we had hoped for.
Jim and Natalie Trainor.
Wedding at Dundas Castle. May 2008
• Dear Roddy
We wish to THANK YOU SO MUCH for playing for us at the event. We really appreciated you making the journey down from Scotland to Tilbury and ‘leading’ our guests on, off and around Hebridean Princess (particularly as the former occasions had you standing outside in the cold!).
• Please could you also pass on a special thank you to Roddy and his band as we had a thoroughly enjoyable evening. People are still talking about Roddy and the band now!! The feedback from the delegates has been great; they all seemed to enjoy their stay at the hotel very much. The staff was always polite and happy to give assistance.
I have to say that my whole stay at the hotel was a very pleasurable one and it would be lovely to hold another event there or even visit out of work purposes.
QA Service Coordinator
GE Healthcare Biosciences
• Dear Roddy
Thank you so much for all your assistance with our Annual Conference at the weekend. All the Kilts fitted perfectly and everyone thoroughly enjoyed wearing them (and not wearing them in some cases towards the end of the evening!). I received numerous comments during the evening on how professionally and well organised the distribution of the outfits was conducted. Could you also please pass our thanks onto Steven Dewar who was magnificent, William and his Ceilidh band which I know everyone enjoyed, and the DJ who rounded the evening off superbly. We all had a fantastic evening thanks to you and your team. If we ever return to Scotland we would most definitely use your services.
PA to Managing Director
THS Tools Group
17 May 08, Dalmahoy
Corporate event, supplied: 100 kilt outfits, 100 sashes for ladies, piper, ceilidh band and disco.
• Dear Roddy
Thanks for your music and kindness at our wedding. It really made the day.
Dave and Beverley
Wedding 7th December St Margaret’s Chapel
• Dear Roddy
Thank you so much for playing at our wedding on 7th April 2006. Not only are you a magnificent pipe major, but also the music package you put together for us was first class. Your four piece band and DJ really worked with the guests to give us all what we wanted on the day and right through the night. Our guests from Ireland were really impressed and kept telling us how brilliant they thought you all were (and indeed how great the whole wedding was). Thanks again for making it so easy and stress-free for us. We would recommend your very professional service to anyone who is serious about having fantastic music whatever their special occasion.
Laura & Declan McNulty
• Dear Roddy
A big thank you for all your hard work, pipe playing and comparing at the Dalmahoy for us last week. We have had so much positive and very complimentary feedback, which I am delighted to pass on to you. The 2/3 days went extremely well and I think everyone, even though it was business, thoroughly enjoyed themselves.
Lucy Woyka 17/5/06
• Dear Roddy
Thank you so so much for such a wonderful whisky tasting! It was much better than I could have hoped and you provided a wonderfully professional service. Even though I thought the Whisky tasted of cigarettes, the chaps seemed to LOVE it!
Tina wilson, Bank of New York, 27/4/05
Whisky tasting, gift bags, pipers etc.
Thank you so much for the wonderful contribution you made to the social occasions during our conference last week. Not only was your playing excellent but we were all impressed by your professionalism and the way you appeared to fit effortlessly into our group – chatting to delegates during drinks, encouraging people to attempt to play the pipes and explaining and discussing during the whisky tasting. Your playing, in particular at the Castle, created a wonderful atmosphere that I am sure will last in the delegates’ memories for many years. Your addressing of the haggis thrilled our US delegates and many of the UK delegates commented that yours was by far the best performance they had seen. Kat, Amanda and I all thoroughly enjoyed working with you and any of us would be delighted to speak on your behalf. Please feel free to give our names and details to any potential clients or use this letter as a testimonial.
Group Communications Manager
George Wimpey East Scotland
• Just wanted to say on behalf of Abigail and Cramond, thanks for getting our party off to such a great start on Friday. I think it set the tone perfectly with everyone arriving to see the castle lit up and you playing on the drawbridge.
It brightened up the start to my evening too, so thanks for that!
Human Resources Assistant Think Global Recruitment
Christmas party night, Edinburgh castle, 2nd December 2005